Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Bringing in the May"......Happy May Day!



Happy May Day! I can't believe it's time to flip the calendar over once again. The months slip by so quickly anymore. I will be cleaning house again, but wanted to just take a bit of time to send all my blog friends a virtual May Day Basket! Did you make them when you were litttle? We made paper cones filled with flowers, hung them on our neighbor's door, rang the doorbell and then ran away hoping now to be discovered! I was looking on the internet and found some great ideas to inspire you. Our weather continues to be wet and chilly~I was hoping to plant my flowers this week, but it's looking like that may have to wait for more sunshine!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the photos of the May Baskets. I still have to decorate for spring, but just can't get motivated. I've been planting flowers, we have had some sun but it's cool and windy. Happy May Day.

janice15 said...

Such a great idea, never did that make may baskets or cones...but I love the idea...I have been fortunate though to be able to fix and work and plant in the garden..Though we have been having this horrible wind everyday...yuk...I love the garden my favorite place....Hope you have a great week..with love Janice...

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Oh I enjoyed this post! I used to make May Day baskets just like yours rolled into a cone and decorated. Brings back such good memories. Thank you for sharing,
Nancy