Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 2nd-Teacup Thursday #44


I chose this Valentine for my blog today because I've been on this Queen Victoria kick. If you read my blog a few days ago, I commented on the book I am reading about Queen Victoria and her daughters.
A few weeks ago at the antique show I bought a beautiful Queen Victoria cup and saucer with some of my Christmas money. I was soooo excited! I have lots of queen "stuff" but I didn't have a Queen Victoria teacup. So here it is. I was going to save it for May, but just couldn't wait. I love it.




The teacup commemorates the Queen's Diamond Jubilee of 1897 and was made by Longton Porcelain Company.
Thanks Miss Spenser for hosting our Teacup Thursday again this year.

I'm working on my Valentines for my Tasha Tudor exchange. I don't want to give anything away, so this is all you get to see of my project. Pretty papers and lots of ribbon. Are you making Valentine cards this year?







6 comments:

theromanticrose said...

Tutto molto romantico!Saluti dall'Italia!Rosetta

Antiques And Teacups said...

What an outstanding Queen Victoria teacup! Wonderful! A real treasure! The book sounds wonderful. Will look forward to seeing the Tasha Tudor project!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wow! That teacup is wonderful, Linda! A real treasure to be sure. Cute Valentine card too.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

These have got to be my favorite yet. I love both of them. The queen one must be worth a lot. I have a big thick book about her that I haven't read yet, but I've seen several movies about her and read a children's book about her. I've read a lot more about Queen Elizabeth. I love the WW11 era, but just love anything British.

Lady Jane said...

Just a beautiful teacup I am glad you didnt wait til May to share. I cant wait to see your Tasha Tudor valentine exchange. That sounds like so much fun. Hugs. LJ

Zaa said...

A Tasha Tudor card exchange sound exciting... I'd love to see the cards....What fun!!!... and what a splendid commemorative cup .... It's a real treasure... Have your seen " Mrs. Brown" with Judy Densch playing the part of Queen Victoria...It's fabulous...I highly recommend it .... Thanks for sharing today ..I quite enjoyed my teatime read... Hugs