Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Handmade exchange





In January I agreed to make a handmade items for 5 people who signed up on my Facebook Page. I agreed to make an item sometime before the end of the year.You must then open it up to your friends and in turn, make five items for 5 more people.
My sister Alisa is on my list, so I decided to make her this cute bunny penny mat. I made one for myself a few years ago. I hope she doesn't peek at my blog-she's been pretty busy lately, so I don't think she's been following me.
I used a combination of regular felt and wool felt. I love wool felt, but didn't have all the colors I needed and I'm really trying to use up what I have this year. I cut out all the pieces and was able to get it done watching movies last night. Of course, I stayed up really late. I really enjoy handwork~especially embroidery work.
I'm boiling eggs now to dye. Jim has to have his deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches this Easter season! I wish I lived closer to LaVonne so I could enjoy her farm fresh eggs. Tomorrow I will be baking so I can make a family Easter tradition....Blarney Stones. I'll have to explain that one!There's not enough days left in this week to squeeze all my blog posts in!
Tomorrow is Teacup Thursday, so I need to decide which one to feature this week.
I never got all of my Easter decorations up this year. Our daughters won't be home for the first time ever and it just doesn't quite feel like Easter. I need to remember the real meaning of this week and focus on the remaining days of Holy Week.
The weather has been a bit better. I enjoyed working outside yesterday and made some progress with the flower beds. It froze again last night, so it's just not quite time to plant yet. I have to make myself wait for May. I just hope this May is warmer and dryer than last year. The weather man isn't too encouraging with his long range forecast. Hummm....I guess I'll just hope for the best.

No comments: