Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday Thoughts


Good Sunday morning. I woke up early with a push to post and get back to my Sunday Thoughts today. So much has been going on in my personal world, my family world and certainly in our country. I am thankful today that Jim and I are both feeling so much better. I don't like to be sick.

My word for this New Year is RESTORATION. I am continuing to work on restoring my health, several relationship, hoping to restore parts of my home that have gotten out of whack and most of all, I realized that I needed some work on my relationship with God. I seriously didn't even think of that restoration when the word came to me! God works in funny ways, heh? I wasn't even tuning into that fact that I was drifting. My friend LaVonne said something to me about my anxiety and lack of discussion about any devotional time. WOW....it takes a great friend to bring that up to you. I am thankful as she was so right. It stopped me in my tracks and made me think about where I had landed in my personal journey. I have been so cooped up this winter with our weather and sickness. I decided I needed to do something...act on something! I am asking God with a humble heart to help me get back on track and back to Him.

I love the bible teachings of Beth Moore. Our church had to end it's little morning bible study and I am missing that greatly. So, I looked online and found a great study she did called  THE BASKET CASE. It all about anxiety and I was drawn to give it a try. So, I have gotten  back to my morning devotional time, back to my thankful journal and back to this little study on anxiety.

Happy Sunday...I am praying that God will bless you in a very special way today. I am asking that of Him for myself too. 

2 comments:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Lady Linda,

I know all too well the anxiety struggle. I also know that you can drift without realizing it. Praise the Lord for a TRUE Friend.


I like Beth Moore too.

Debbie Harris said...

Such a lovely past as you share your transparent heart, dear Linda.
Your friend is a jewel and your study with Beth Moore sounds perfect for your needs right now.
I love your new word, may you have great victory pursuing your desires.
Praying your health strengthens.

God bless you~