Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tea Time Tuesday


I really miss having tea time goodies! Being on a low sodium diet and having to watch baked goods and sweets, I haven't figured out how to have or go to tea yet. It takes a lot of time right now to plan out my weekly menu, eat at home and learn how to cook more healthy meals. I am feeling better and getting better and loosing weight, so it's all working. This afternoon, I had a cup of tea in my new teacup and thumbed through a favorite tea time book....A Year of Teas at the Elmwood Inn. I had to peek at the November Afternoon Tea just for fun. Ahhhh.



I fell in love with this fall teacup at a sale recently. I find the shape really interesting and of course, I like the handle.



It's English and a Royal Stafford bone china teacup, trimmed in gold. The colors are just lovely for autumn.


Last week I hinted that I would share some of my vintage paper place cards and other paper goods. I just love ephemera. This one has a great little turkey theme.


This one is homemade and has the person's name on a piece of yarn around the turkey's neck.


I love the colors in this little set with names nicely written on each card!


I only found 3 of these handmade little cards. Each has a turkey sticker and a little saying on each card.


Here we have two different bridge tally cards for fall. I think I have some more somewhere.


I've had this little vintage Thanksgiving card for year. I always liked the heading...Thanksgiving Joy!


My daughter found these little turkey nut cups for me a few years ago. I often wonder how these things survive.


I love this small box with bright graphics! I found it last summer at an outdoor antique show. I was happy to find that it had some of the stickers inside.



Well, that was fun! I am always on the hunt for fun seasonal paper.
Are you getting ready for Turkey Day? We will be going out to Salty's overlooking the beautiful Columbia River for their annual buffet and then over to my sister's for dessert in the evening. It will be a challenge to eat healthy. They always have salmon and turkey and salad, so I will be ok. My dietician said I could have a little pumpkin pie...skip the crust and eat a small amount. I can do that! 

No comments: