Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dolly Time for Thursday Treasures


One week from today will be celebrating Thanksgiving with friends and family! It is hard to believe! I just chatted with my daughter Gina in Seattle and she is excited to come home for the holiday. We were planning some fun times....we will watch Little Women and snuggle up by the woodstove and drink tea and be lazy. We will decorate my dad's apartment for Christmas on Saturday, so that will be fun!

I haven't posted anything for Thursday Treasures for quite some time, so thought it might be fun to so so today. I don't have any Thanksgiving dolls, but do love this little wooden beaded Pilgrim couple that I found a few years ago. They are only 3-4" tall and charming.


A few weeks ago, I discovered this charming book on dolls from the 1950's at the all city garage sale. It was too sweet to leave there. The graphics are wonderful.





Awhile back, I found this charming china head at our flea market from the man who we purchased many Tasha Tudor prints. His wife was such a doll collector and their children have no desire to keep her dolls. Lucky me! He wasn't sure who made the doll but thought it was by someone who also did china painting and he thought she bought it in the 1950's.

I found a name on the back of the doll so I know it was made by Grace Lathrop. She was a doll maker in Oregon. I haven't been able to find much information about her.


I did find this beautiful painted lady on Etsy also by Grace Lathrop and added it to my collection. It is lovely.



Grace Elizabeth, as I named her, is 22 inches tall and is in very nice condition. I just love her and she is very happy living in her new home with the other dolls.



Jimmy found this interesting doll at another sale. She isn't in great condition, but she is so different.
She is a mechanical wind up doll. Most of her body is metal and she does walk when wound up.
The poor thing doesn't have a very sweet face, but she is fascinating.




I think I have dolly fever or maybe I should admit, it's chronic! I do love dolls. It's so fun to share the dolls with my Tasha Tudor group on Thursdays. We all get to play dolls once a week!


5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I wouldn't have been able to leave the book behind either, a great book.

janice15 said...

Linda, your dolls are lovely.. I have one one my first dolls... But she is only from 1958" but Im so glad I have her. How exciting your daughter is coming to visit with you... Just a few more days and it shall be here... Happy Thanksgiving my dear with love Janice

KimM said...

Oh my goodness. Another doll lover! I'm so happy we found each other via the teacup exchange! Love your new acquisitions. I love miniature portraits, too!
xxx

Szara Sowa said...

Lucky You! All dolls are fantastic! I love them much.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Lady Jane said...

Love the pilgrim dolls, can just picture them in a mini scene. Love Grace Elizabeth. She is beautiful and in such great shape.... Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, LJ