Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving, I love the smells, the sounds, the colors, the food, the weather and being with family. My life is full and very busy...sometimes too busy.... but I am blessed. I wish you a very special day and I hope that you feel blessed too.


I wanted to share this little spice cabinet before I take down my fall decorations. Actually, fall is gone and Christmas is up, except for the tree.


I made this little grouping on top of my spice cabinet with some of my miniatures. If you are a Tasha Tudor fan, you will see lot several illustrations with a spice cabinet and similar items. The more you read and study her work, the more you will see many item from her own home or collections.


The miniature cabinet was made by Seth Tudor, Tasha's son. He built her home, by hand and he is quite a woodworker. When we were back in Vermont last summer, I really wanted to get a piece made by Seth for my collection. Jimmy and I were looking at the spice cabinets and he told us he only made 3 as they were pretty hard. Jim asked him if he would be willing to sign it if we bought one. He graciously agreed. It will be treasured .


This is a photo of the Rockery where all the Tasha Tudor goodies are kept. When you finish the home and garden tour, you are invited to browse the gift shoppe!


It was soooo crowded after the tour! I'm not sure how Jimmy got this serene photo of the part of the shoppe?


This is my sweet friend Melinda...quitetly enjoying the shoppe. She was so happy to have time to just look and read. Melinda works at the Tasha Tudor Museum and she is a sweetheart.



 Time to leave! The rain stopped and everyone was just enjoying some time to chat outside.


Yes, I did some shopping. One of my favorite things is my little wooden spice cabinet.


Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving. I love the spice cabinet, it must have been a real joy to get it signed. Wonderful memories.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Happy Thanksgiving Day. Fabulous furniture. Nice pics. Keep in touch

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Linda! Your spice cabinet is adorable and so are the little mini's gracing the top of it!

Stephanie said...

Dearest friend, I hope you had a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving. I am ever so thankful for you and your precious friendship. Much love!