Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tasha Tudor NW Friends Gathering! Part I


For the last few years, Jim has been taking me up to Poulsbo WA for my birthday. We do some Christmas shopping and see my friend Clarice and her family and Angie and her family. We met thanks to the Tasha Tudor group and we call each other the NW Tashettes....a name my hubby gave us.  My friends are so generous to welcome us into their homes and oh what a grand time we have!
This year, another Tashette from the east coast was coming out for a business trip in Seattle, so we coordinated her trip with a mini gathering. Kristen lives in MA, but grew up in CA and OR, so she kind of bridges the NE and the NW Tashettes. My friends also surprised me with a birthday party! My real birthday is on the 8th, but I seem to be celebrating a good half of the month! JOY JOY JOY!!!

We drove up on Friday and arrived at 2:30 PM and it was a very wet drive...yes, buckets of rain! The first thing we did was go to the Christmas House in Bainbridge Island and Angie and her kids popped over to see us. It is the cutest house, with a warm cozy fire, hot spiced apple cider, nice people and oh, lots of vintage items to choose from. And Bob makes the best fudge!!!!

Kristen took the ferry over that night and stayed at our motel. Jim and I took her to dinner when she got in to town. Lots of laughs and a great seafood dinner. I think we got her to unwind! She has a Swedish heritage, so she feel in love with Poulsbo! I took her shopping for a bit that morning in the town. It was so fun to have someone share their background and family stories. The town is so cute. It was so wet, even for the NW! She really liked the Nordic Maid shoppe.



We didn't have a great deal of time to shop, but Kristen did get an introduction to the town and the area.
Then it was off to Angie's home in Bainbridge Island. A very cozy and warm home filled with lots of love and soooo peaceful. Angie and Clarice are such good cooks and they spoil their guest with yummy delights.



The fellow doll makers were in heaven sharing lots of stories and enjoying the dolly world. It was so fun to watch and listen to them. They were on the same doll group years ago, before they reconnected with the Tasha group, so this was quite fun for them!

Old apple dolls from Angie's family! 
To be continued.........





                                                                    



4 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Isn't it wonderful to find kindred spirits, who love the same things you do?

Antiques And Teacups said...

Wonderful! Favorite places...and what a wonderful time you must have had!!!
Ruth

Susan said...

What a wonderful time you had, Linda! How awesome is that? I loved Tasha Tudor's work and unique lifestyle. Thanks for sharing and for all the super photos, too. Susan

janice15 said...

Looks like a grand time, wish I had some of my friends closer...Happy Holidays with love Janice