Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday Made


Yes, it's Monday and a new week...week #3 of staying home. It's cold and wet and yucky! It's afternoon and I haven't managed to get anything done. It's one of those check in days with family and friends via the phone and internet. That's more important than housework- right?

Yesterday our daughter Angie brought over a few things and at least I got to see her! Today, my other daughter Gina came by to pick up a few things and so I got to see her too. It's hard keeping a distance, talking far apart in the garage without hugs or a cup of coffee. But, it is what it is and I am so thankful I got to see them in person. 

So, today is Monday Made on my Tasha Tudor FB page, so I am sharing what I made here on my blog too. As I posted previously, I participated in Rachel Hoffman's VDC last week. I really liked the workshop by Helen Kish, so I made the little shoe the other day. Of course, I changed a few things but that's the fun part about this. I want to make another one or two. It was just fun to do something creative for a change.


I recently found this wonderful wool felt pack that I had gotten on sale, years ago. I brought it over from my storage unit, not having a clue what I was going to use it for! I love going shopping in my craft room, especially now when we can't go shopping.


So I decided to make a pink one. I used trim, ribbon flowers and seed pearls to decorate it instead of doing embroidery work. I was anxious to finish it. I used pink and green wool felt.


You can see the work on the side with this photo. A little mouse crawled into it. A chick and a little dolly were fighting to occupy it!


This photo gives you a good look at the whole shoe. It's actually an ornament, but I didn't add a hanger onto mine. I just wanted it to sit on a shelf.


Here's the little Easter chick that took over the shoe. It was a very fun project and I think I could actually make a pair of dolly shoes now by leaving off the back and adding a strap. So fun.
Thank for visiting me. I hope this made you smile. 

4 comments:

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Aww...what a darling little shoe! Love all the details. I too am enjoying some leisure sewing during this time of being quiet at home. I made a few sweet fabric pumpkins over the weekend...oh, they were great fun to make!
Glad you were able to get a brief visit with hour daughters in.
Sending hugs!

tierneycreates said...

That is so sweet Linda!

Szara Sowa said...

Thank You for tutorial. ♥

Phoebes World said...

I absolutely love the little shoe...its so pretty
Thank you for the tutorial...I have some felt somewhere I may just give it a try x
Phoebe x