Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday Treasures


Today for Thursday Treasures, I have a lot of fun things to share from last weekend. We actually went to two events and sure had a fun time shopping! The weather was quite nice for outside shopping. It's not fun when the temps reach up to the 90's! It was overcast yet quite warm.


The garage sale was just across the river into Washington, only about a half hour from home.
They get a very good turnout at this event.


I was ready to go and this is how I found Jimmy! I just had to laugh.


This shot was taken back in Oregon at the Expo show. I was fascinated with this booth and it's rolling showcase booth. It was drawing a great deal of attention.


In the summer, this show has a huge outside area. We no longer exhibit at the summer Expo. We will be back for the October date.


The sun popped out a bit right before we left.


Jimmy was packing out his goods...those are snowshoes over his shoulder. He sell every pair he can find!


When we get back home, we always enjoy a share and tell and spread out the goodies! He was quite pleased with his finds!


I just love this old box! It may have to stay around.....


The black dolly is fabulous. I love her dress and she will fit in quite well with our booth .


Older copper molds are always welcome! Jimmy also found 4 fishing rods to sell, so he was quite happy about that.


Now, for my goodies! What a different look, heh? That's the fun about each of us selling different things. Fun Fun Fun!


Was I ever pleased to find 4 Holly Hobbie dolls! Most of mine have sold and they are such great sellers. There's a wonderful piece of HH fabric on the left side...a great find!


Old quilt blocks and a wonderful clay cookie mold. I will be keeping this one! I have never seen a quilt pattern one.


A few goodies for the tea collection! It's a real treat to find a pink luster teacup out here in the NW.
I was happy to find the little Japanese teapot to send to a friend's dolly. Ida will be happy. The small teacups are child sized from Queen Elizabeth's coronation. They will be joining my collection...so sweet!


Look at this charming rag doll pattern by McCalls! She has very cute clothes patterns too.


I am always happy to find some ephemera. Most of these were taken from a cute children's book.


My most favorite find was this Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt top. I love the colors and it's nicely done. It was fun to find a top made with hexies, as I'm into that right now.


And look at this gorgeous piece! It's an embroidery hoop that attaches to a table top. We think it's made of maple and it's so pretty and in very good condition.


You just screw it on and off. Jim wants me to keep it and I think it would be a wonderful piece to have! Thank you Jimmy.



Well, I did have a great time but it was hard on my old sore feet. Just a month left to see the doctor.

Linking up with Bernideen at Bernideen's TTC and G Party
Linking up with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage

I missed my Tea Time Tuesday this week as I was sewing for two days at our church, making bags for a missionary trip. It was fun. 

8 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello, Dear Linda, you both really did find some wonderful treasures! The old hexie quilt, Holly Hobby Dollies and tea-cups are so sweet and that wooden box is a keeper, for sure. The hoop is really special - so nice for quilting or embroidery. Hope your weekend is sweet. xx K

Szara Sowa said...

You find many treasures but old balck doll is the best one. Have a nice weekend.

mamasmercantile said...

You both have an eye for finding treasure. I loved the table top hoop, what a great find.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What wonderful and unique finds. The hoop is a great find. Although I don't quilt I do appreciate all the hard work and art that goes into the making of them. The black dollie is pretty cute too. Thank you for sharing with us, Linda, and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

Dear Linda:
I always love seeing the items you and Jimmy find and what an interesting day you had. I am so glad it wasn't too hot because that makes such a difference. This week I know - it is in the high 90's here up to 100. Today is better. I loved your treasures and am so glad you shared them!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hubby and I do the same thing...and when we get home we have a "show & tell". I think having a variety of treasures is a plus when selling at shops.
I am going to ONE sale tomorrow. (don't tell hubby as we are supposed to not buy anything for awhile)
warmly,
deb

Debbie Harris said...

I live looking at all the beauties you find, wow!
That pink and white tea cup is gorgeous! About as pretty as the one you gifted me with in Stephanie's tea cup exchange.
Such fun you and your dear husband must have.
Have a beautiful weekend~~

Debbie Harris said...

I live looking at all the beauties you find, wow!
That pink and white tea cup is gorgeous! About as pretty as the one you gifted me with in Stephanie's tea cup exchange.
Such fun you and your dear husband must have.
Have a beautiful weekend~~