Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tea Time Thursday #78 ~ My Fairy Gardens


Do fairies like tea? Well, of course they do! I'm sure the fairies in my garden and especially the ones that live in my fairy gardens enjoy a good cup of tea!

I finally was able to put my fairy gardens together. I found two wonderful cup and saucer planters for two new gardens this year. I was on the hunt for the teacup planters and found one at the thrift store early in spring and one at an estate sale for only $2. Yes, I do love a bargain!


My daughter Gina gifted me with this fantastic book on gardening with miniature plants and lots of ideas for creating miniature gardens last Christmas. It has been fun pouring over the pages and dreaming all winter! Thank you Gina.


This is my first fairy garden that I put together three years ago. The little evergreen tree wintered over and is doing well.  The garden has changed a bit, but it's basically the same garden. I tidy it up and redo it a little every summer.


This is my new pink teacup fairy garden this year. I used a thyme plant in this one. It's more fun to add a little live plant to your garden.


Here's a close up of the garden....Mom's Rose Cottage. The fairy that lives in this garden is really sweet and I think she's my favorite.


My second new teacup fairy garden is a bit whimsical. I had to use the lemon house with the yellow and green colors of the pot! I found the little houses at a garage sale with LaVonne when she was out visiting a few years ago. I finally got to use them.


You can get a closer look in this photo. I love the little green frog sitting on the rock. I will be adding bits and pieces during the summer.I think the first thing I need to find is some teacups for those fairies!


In December, I gave my high school buddies a fairy and challenged them to make a fairy garden this summer. It's just for fun, no pressure. My friend Judi sent me this picture to show me her garden. Great job Judi! I hope you had fun.


Happy Tea Time Thursday. It may be time for an iced tea and time to make a fairy garden. I have put together a Pinterest board if you need some ideas....Fairy Garden Challenge.

9 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

That was amazing, an inspirational post. I have been on the hunt for a few little bits and pieces to make a fairy garden but haven't got lucky yet at the right price. I thought it would be fun for me and the Grandchildren to make.

Susan said...

Oh my GOSH, Linda. How utterly adorable. I want to make one with
my granddaughter. Yours are darling to the hilt! Great job! Susan

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet friend! Long time no talk...how have you been? I hope you are doing well and enjoying the beautiful and warmer days :)

The fairy gardens are absolutely precious! I have always wanted to make one and seeing these has inspired me even more. Happy weekend! Love and hugs to you!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You created some fabulous fairy gardens Linda, it's fun to play with miniatures.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love your fairy gardens! I have some and they are so much fun to do and enjoy!
Blessings, Nancy

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love your fairy gardens! I have some and they are so much fun to do and enjoy!
Blessings, Nancy

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love your fairy gardens! I have some and they are so much fun to do and enjoy!
Blessings, Nancy

Red Rose Alley said...

Your tea cup fairy gardens are so cute and enchanting. The little fairies are darling, and I love the frog too. I've always wanted to make one of these; I think I'll give it a try sometime. Thanks for sharing, they are really cute.

~Sheri

Lady Jane said...

I love fairy gardens. I have one out in my woodland garden. I love the idea of putting them into the tea cups... So neat!!! I will have to do one of those. Have a great rest of the day.