Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tea Time Thursday # 33 Valentine Cards


When I was a little school girl, many years ago, I always bought the Valentine booklets that you had to cut and paste....even the envelopes. I guess I haven't changed too much as I love to participate in various Valentine card exchanges. This year I joined two exchanges. Here's a look at one of this year's project.


I cut out large tea cups from fun scrapbook papers and added some lace doilies and other little embellishments. I kept them kind of simple this year, but liked the way they turned out. Of course, I had to include a Valentine tea bag!


As this is Tea Time Thursday, I thought it would be fun to post some vintage Valentine cards that have a tea time theme. Victorian Valentines are my favorite, but I do love the mid century cards. Enjoy.








Can you believe that tomorrow is Valentine's Day? I have saved all my Valentine's from my Tasha Tudor group and my Afternoon Tea Across America for February 14th! I will have lots of cards to open. I will need a cup of tea or two! 

7 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

What pretty Valentines!! I remember when Valentines used to all be pretty. Now, so many of them bought at the store are just cheap and ugly - and many just crude. I love your Valentines. So sweet!

Stephanie said...

Such a sweet and fabulous post, Linda :) Your cards are adorable!

Happy Valentine's Day to you, my wonderful friend!! Sending you Love and Hugs

Jan said...

Love, love this post!!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Oh so sweet for Valentines Day and for those of us who love your blog and you!
Happy Valentines Day!
Love,
Jemma

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Happy Valentines Day. I like these cards. Very cool. Keep in touch

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy Valentine's Day! So nice stopping by to visit with you. I have just had the best time perusing many of your posts and enjoying each one. You have a lovely blog!

Kindly, Lorraine

Susan said...

Hello Linda. This post fits you to a , well, "tea." Perfect! Can't wait to try the white chocolate tea you sent.

Hope your day was a total blast. Susan