Pages

Friday, August 28, 2020

Tasha Tudor Day~2020


Today was Tasha Tudor's birthday. She would have been 105 years old. Our Tasha groups enjoy honoring her in some way on this day. Of course, 2020 has changed the way we celebrate everything. Our Pacific NW Tasha Tudor Chapter can't gather together due to this continuing virus. My friend Ann invited me to do a Zoom virtual tea party to celebrate and I agreed. We had a great time. It was a bit different but we managed to talk for 1 1/2 hours.


I used my Pink Luster Ware dishes for the tea. This is the first time I have used this tea pot. You have to be a bit careful with this china as it is very old. I make the tea in another pot and when it's a bit cooler, I pour it into this teapot.


I have several cup and saucers to use. It's always hard to pick one.


I had out out a few of my Tasha books. A Time to Keep was one of the first books I got and I still love it.


My assortment for tea time. I used almond flour and found ways to cut the carbs. Its hard but I'm learning. Of course I did treat myself to a little chocolate.


Chicken curry on apple slices and cheese bites.


Almond flour blackberry scone drops and almond flour brownies. The brownies were a big gooey.


Little tomatoes from our garden. I stuffed some with herb cream cheese.  The cucumbers are filled with an egg salad mixture. These were all very yummy.


Watermelon hearts...yummy.


This is a silly photo I snapped of Ann while she was saying "Tasha"! She lives in Mississippi and woke up to a tornado warning this morning! Thankfully, she didn't loose her power so we had our Zoom meeting.


I made this little banner last night for my wonderful dollhouse. I will have to do a post on this as I haven't been posting much. My Tasha doll and Lilly are having a little party and tea time too.






I love the little shawl she knitted for Lilly! Looks like fall is coming. Ann picks wonderful books for me.Isn't the little fabric teacup darling?



These are the gifts I sent to Ann and her Tasha doll. It was fun to make things too. I loved making the little apron out of a vintage little girl's slip. I made the tea wallet, the card and covered the little box with ephemera.

16 comments:

Szara Sowa said...

How wonderful party you did for the birthday Tasha Tudor. I like very much Tasha doll. Damage, around at us doesn't have such a custom. I am greeting and I wish nice Sunday.

Bernideen said...

Such a darling tribute, tea time and posting! I loved it!

mamasmercantile said...

What fun, a wonderful tribute and a great celebration.

Creations By Cindy said...

What a fun tea party. Love the pinks. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tea party! We had grandkids visiting that day, so we spent the day at Discovery Science looking at 100 live arachnids! Needless to say, I didn't get to celebrate!

Unknown said...

That was me, Susan Kellam, above! I don't know why it says unknown!

Lady Locust said...

I’m sure late to the party but have certainly enjoyed it 😊. That luster ware is gorgeous. I’ve been thinking about Tasha lately, not really sure there’s a particular reason. I remembered your blog as I love tea also so am glad to see you are still posting 💕.

Mike Stone said...

Are you open to reviewing other teas? Have you heard about chaga mushroom tea?

Jan said...

Hi Linda, I just found this blog from you. Oh how lovely everything was! I thoroughly enjoyed all of the beautiful pictures. Can't wait for your next blog entry. Hugs & take care.

Madonaldo said...


I am Alecia Maldonado used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Dr Mandaker); he just got he just got his website (holyaraminta.com), has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as witchhealing@outlook.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,Barrenness(need a child),goodLuck voodoo,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
more!

Unknown said...

I really like your blog and you shared the whole idea very well. And beautifully written, read by the soul! Thanks for sharing. Automatic Clicker

Game Fish Shooting

tegararlansah said...

https://schillersplatzli.blogspot.com/2017/11/aus-schillers-platzli-wird-frau-schiller.html?showComment=1638143975826#c4124846930497493346

Bernideen said...

You put a lot of work into this blog post! Really special. I see you haven't blogged much lately (so many have slowed down) but I made your Orange Marmalade Muffins this morning. You had hand written out the recipe for me one time years back! Have a Merry Christmas!

Bernideen said...

Your Orange Marmalade Muffins: https://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/orange-marmalade-muffins.html

t4cetaku said...

jasa percetakan jakarta
jasa percetakan murah
cetak buku murah jakarta
percetakan murah jakarta
cetak murah
percetakan murah
percetakan online
percetakan online
cetak buku di jakarta

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hello Linda! Happy to meet you through Bernideen! I just love your Tasha tea and the beautiful lusterware you have! So special to share a friendship with Ann and enjoy tea together. Blessings to you!