Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Recipes From the Past for Tea TIme


This morning I just felt like baking. My Jimmy loves cookies. I told him I was going to bake and he said if I made cookies, he's bring take out Thai food home for dinner. Well, how could I refuse?
I started to look through some old recipes to make some cookies from our past. I had fun going back in time a bit.


This is my little tea this afternoon. It's Tuesday and our Tasha group share tea things with our members...we call it Tea Time Tuesday with Tasha.


When Jim and I were first married, we used to go to Grangeville, Idaho to visit our friends Ed and Evelyn. They were like Jim's second parents. My first recipe~ginger snaps~is an old recipe from a delightful lady named Donna. We used to go visit her on our trips and she often had special cookies. I asked her for this one. It's a great cookie for tea time.



Here's the finished project. It's soft and full of great spices, so it's full of flavor.


The next recipe is one of Evelyn's cookies. It's called Homestead cookies. Evelyn would make it when we would stay at their home. She would make a big batch for Jim. I only make half of the recipe as it makes a lot!


This one is actually a cookie that I found a few years ago and never made. It's called an Italian Cherry cookie. It's yummy with almond flavoring and maraschino cherries. It's very much like the cookies Jimmy's aunt sends at Christmas. I was in the middle of making this one, when my daughter Angie stopped by with Otto! What a nice surprise. He loves to play in our backyard and the rain actually stopped for awhile. They had cookies to enjoy and that made me happy! It's so good to see them. We social distance and no hugs yet. Soon, I hope. 




It's always special to use my pink lusterware cup and saucer for a wee bit of tea. It was a lovely day and I just didn't listen to the news much. I needed a break.


Have you been baking? It's been fun to bake and cook with more time to enjoy it all. 

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Your baking looks delicious and the perfect accompaniment for afternoon tea. Yes I do a lot of baking but need to cut back a little we are starting to put on a few pounds which is not helpful in these difficult times. Loved the colour of the Italian biscuit it would make a great addition to a Christmas tea due to its vibrant colour. Take care.

Creations By Cindy said...

YUM on those cookies! I am sitting here having a slice of sour cream pound cake this morning. Hugs and blessings, Cindy