Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Little Women...December 2nd


I love anything that has to do with Louisa May Alcott's Little Women. It truly is a classic work of art.


Last month when Jim and I went to the all city garage sale in Clark County WA, I found a set of Little Women dolls by Madam Alexander. I had no intension of buying dolls at the show. These were thrown in a bin marked down from $8 to $4! How would I resist? They were in such good condition too. I decided to put them under my little tree in my tearoom. I do think they are very happy to have come to a dolly home.




Louisa May Alcott was just a great American writer. I so enjoy her work. I still have many of her  books I have never read.


Jim and I were able to visit her family home in 2016. It was on my bucket list and I was soooo excited to be able to see this home. It was so warm and you could really imagine a family living there.We were there in the summer on a lovely day.


I was so happy to see her home and the property.


We were not able to take photos inside, however, there are many on Pinterest and on the computer.


The kitchen was one of my favorite rooms.


Louisa's room where she did her writing.


Another cozy room where our tour began.


Although this movie is not a Christmas movie, our family counts it as one! This is the version that I just adore and have watched oh so many times.


This is such a dear part of the movie. They are reading a letter from their father who was away during the Civil War. We are waiting to watch it when our daughter Gina comes home for Christmas. 

3 comments:

Szara Sowa said...

Beautiful dolls, nothing strange you didn't resist them. I didn't read the book, but I watched one installment of the film. I must read it. Happy Advent! :)♥

Phoebes World said...

I loved this post...as I adore Little Women. I have read the book so many times I could possibly recite it And I have watched all the movies over and over... including the ones starring Katherine Hepburn and June Allyson. It may not be a Christmas movie as such but its always the first one my daughter asked for every year.
Beautiful House and beautiful dolls
Thank you for sharing Linda
Blessings
Phoebe x

Cheryl said...

I know it sounds crazy, but, do you know I don't think I have ever read this book? I know I meant to different times, but, for the life of me, I don't recall actually doing it. I LOVE the house, especially the kitchen. I love how back then, almost every item people owned were practical and useful. I just love that primitive look. Thank you for sharing, Linda! God bless you this Christmas season!