Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tea Time Tuesday #169....Tea in Port Gamble WA


Yes, I am a day late with my tea time post. It's just been that kind of summer. The sink backed up Monday night, so handyman Duane was back out to fix it on Tuesday. Other things came my way, so I just never got post. Actually, this post is really late, as we went up to Port Townsend and Port Gamble WA for our anniversary....August 4th. Since the car was out, Gina let us borrow her car so we could still go away! We had to cut our trip short, but we still were able to celebrate out of town.


It was really hot, even up north, and the Canadian forest fires were sending a great deal of smoke into the area. Never the less, we still had a wonderful time. Jim LOVES Port Gamble.


It's such a beautiful town. It was a mill site and they are reclaiming the area and returning the shoreline back to it's normal lovely self! Pretty exciting.


We were happy to find that there was now a tea shoppe in the little town. The darling one went out of business a few years ago. Anyway. Mrs. Muir's House was nice...nothing super wonderful. The owner was so delightful and was able to fix me a chicken salad that I was able to eat. So kind and it was yummy.




Fun Harry Potter items were part of her shoppe!



The shoppe has a great selection of British, Irish and Scottish food products. We had to take home a few goodies. I was happy to find some paper tea bags for my loose tea.




This was their garden by the fence.


These next two photos were fun items for sale at a cool shoppe. Unfortunately, they were not open.



The yarn shoppe is unreal. It makes me want to take a class in knitting to improve my skills! It's a fun store to visit, even if you an not a knitter. It is beautiful and filled with such pretty offerings.



This is one of my favorite houses in the little village.


Of course, the quilt shoppe is a MUST whenever I visit. It has such a nice selection of fabrics and patterns and books. I did buy a book with a pattern that I hope to use this fall when I go to my next quilting retreat.


And one has to find a pretty cup and saucer on the adventure! This one is so pretty...no markings. I just love the colors and the pattern. It's so old fashioned.


Oh, we had such a nice time. I can't wait to return. 

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Love the photos!

The giant owl kinda scares me...

Debbie Harris said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You both make the sweetest couple!!
Looks like a lovely little town to visit, especially since it has a tea room.

Bless you♡

mamasmercantile said...

Belated Anniversary wishes, what a great trip. The tea room looks amazing and I love the sound of the wool and quilt shop.