Pages

Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday Morning Blues and Lots of Thank You's!


My sister and her family sent these pretty flowers to me yesterday. I just love flowers and it was a lovely surprise and they really cheered me up. So thoughtful.


I love daisies...I had them in my wedding and the the fabric that the girl's dresses were made out of also had tiny daisies in the print.


We had to chuckle as there are green carnations in the bouquet. My sister didn't ask for them, but as we had a wee bit of Irish in us that we adore, it was just fun to see that they had been added.

So, one week ago, I ended up in the hospital...so much has happened in a week! I went to see my primary care Dr yesterday and was upset as my BP was up. More adjustments, more meds. I am thankful to be here, but it's been hard being on a roller coaster with all these meds. I just feel a bit down today. My sweet Jimmy, who was a pharmacist, keeps trying to cheer me up and assure me this is normal and it will take time to get me adjusted. More tests scheduled next week at the hospital.

This gives me the opportunity to send out heartfelt thanks to my blogger friends. I just don't have much energy to visit you all right now...hopefully soon. But I do send big thank you's for the prayers and good thoughts and sweet replies. It is so encouraging to me right now and I do thank you.

I need to just relax and take things day by day. God is bringing that home to me! Man, it's hard to learn new tricks when you're an old doggy. I'm not good at patience either...sigh. It's hard to face all of this and learn to let go of things that really don't matter much. It's hard to feel worse after a health issue, but I do. I never felt bad or had any pain before and now I don't feel good.

So, I hope that blogging will help me track my journey. I am looking forward to seeing some improvements. 

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Linda, I am so sorry for what you are going through. Gosh, that hit like a ton of bricks. I know what you mean about taking medications. I try to avoid them as much as possible but now you probably cannot do that, until you feel totally better. I truly do have you in my mind, heart and prayers, dear friend. Hugs. Susan

janice15 said...

Dearest Linda so soory my dear. I hope they regulate you real soon. Mama and dad went through this having to find the right blood pressure med. dad kept getting dizzy. It will work out just take it easy.. Sending love and prayers. With love Janice

mamasmercantile said...

Stay strong Linda and know that you are in my prayers. The meds will take awhile to sort out but it will all be worth it in the end. Sending you a hug and hoping that you will a little better soon.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Thinking of you and hoping that your meds get regulated soon. Glad you are in good hands and hope your spirits keep up through all of this. Sending hugs and get-well prayers. xx Karen

Kim said...

What a lovely bunch of flowers. There is nothing like pretty flowers to make one feel a little better. I hope all your meds kick in soon and your health begins to improve. It will just take a little time. Many hugs to you lovely Linda. Take care. Xx

Debbie Harris said...

Thinking of you and praying for you, sweet lady.
Your flowers are lovely, even with the green carnations. :)
Rest up and may your spirit find rest in the Lord.

You are loved~~

Sandra said...

So sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather. Feel free to share on your blog; especially if it helps you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a quick recovery to feel yourself again.