Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Pleasant Sunday Afternoon


I love daisies! I had them in my wedding almost 40 years ago. The daisies always bloom around the 4th of July here in Troutdale and make me think of summer!

I am feeling better but the cough is still hanging on...sigh. I am hoping that it will be GONE this week.
Jim went to a few sales but I didn't feel like going. Chris, Angie and Ava stopped by to show us Chris' new 1965 truck that he just bought. Ava came loaded with lots of "show and tell"and Angie is looking so good with only 3 weeks to go until baby Otto arrives!


Jim arrived back home and we decided we were all ready to eat, so Ang and Jim went to get some takeout. We sat outside and had dinner together! It was just so fun and so nice. The perfect afternoon~not to hot, not to cool. This is what I like about summer. I hope you had a lovely Sunday afternoon too.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling some better...I hope you are back to yourself very soon! Your daisies are lovely. We were thinking the same thing because I put daisy pictures on my blog as well :) Great minds think alike!

Hugs to you!

janice15 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janice15 said...

Glad your feeling better, I have got a cold and flu I guess Mom caught it as well and we are both thinking we got it from the emergency room when I took her..who knows.. I love daisy's too I had a small one last year but it died so I thought but it left behind seeds and there are 3 little ones coming up.. I saw little daisy's appearing yesterday in the Garden.. Happy Monday with love Janice

romance-of-roses said...

Good Morning Linda,
Those darn coughs just stay and stay don't they, hope it's gone soon. I too like daisies. My son always gives me daisies cause he knows how much I like them. Have a wonderful week. Love...Lu

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the margaritas are very nice. To remind me of spring. I read that you're married 40 years married. Congratulations. keep in touch.

Susan said...

Hi Linda....Lovely daisies. I remember pulling them apart with "He loves me, he loves me not."

PLEASE get better. No more coughing!

Take care. Susan

Antiques And Teacups said...

Love your daisies! I can see why they are a favorite of yours. They always speak of sunny summer afternoons to me. Glad you are recovering. Take care and continue the process!
Ruth

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Daisies are the perfect summer flower! So exciting about the 'soon to be' new arrival! Glad you are on the mend - hope you have a nice week! xo